Assembling random memories, readings and concepts part II Lacan's images

The Bellas Artes Palace transformed into Quetzalcoatl Space Lab year 2026

Well it all started reading a short sci-fi story by Di Filippo in which a couple of guys must land in Mexico City by year 2032 (or so), the city has exceeded, by far, the 30 million people population's limit established as critical pre-total crisis. Crime, lack of water, pollution and traffic are minor amenities. In this alternative context I situated my artwork as a futuristic mocking version politically incorrect. Different emblematic places of the city, are transformed and turned out into some heterotopic nightmare (yet sarcastically presented), like these two or three.


This week I have been learning to build things with the toolset in SL, my first creations are simple and lack of originality stuff: tables, solids, lamps, platonic solids with certain atributes, etc.










Chapultepec Lake and more intelligent Architecture in year 2020.


As you may see, I was including visions and memories that I can recollect in my personal visual/graphic taste to approach identity (this week I look older and acquired a very masculine beard) and other building options within SL.



Lacan's First Object built in SL, glass/metal bar




Rotational texture Lamp (@ Dustin's)




Kinetic Soft sculpture in a Dance Club


Theory is next, I'll be back shortly.

Comments

You may be interested